Attended Mozhaiskiy Military Academy 1941-1943. Served as Chief Navigator for the 4th Fighter Wing at the Battle of Kursk. In 1944 named head of section at the NII VVS air force scientific institute. From 1953 to 1968 headed the Kharkov Aviation-Engineering Training School. From 1968 head of a directorate at 4-NII-MO military space research institute. From 1975 and 1986 worked as a civilian in industry, at VNII and MNIIRS institutes.